Re: contributing to Emacs

From: Ian Kelling
Subject: Re: contributing to Emacs
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2023 12:47:03 -0400

Björn Bidar <bjorn.bidar@thaodan.de> writes:

> Corwin Brust <corwin@bru.st> writes:
>
> R> On Sat, Jun 24, 2023 at 9:25 PM Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> This is not a useful place to have a discussion about that,
>>> but I don't know what list might be a good place for it.  Sorry.
>>
>> Speaking from a savannah standpoint, there is no (public) mailing list
>> for FSF/GNU infrastructure discussion, at the moment.
>>
>> Please write to mailman@gnu.org as the official place to contact
>> mailman admins.  This will also reach the GNU vols and FSF sys admins
>> who need to be kept in the loop as changes are made.
>
> Ok I will summarize my point to them and cc the list.
>
> In this thread we got sidetracked and talked about improving the
> accessibility of contributing to Emacs (and thous all Gnu projects in
> this case).
>
> Gnu still uses Mailman2 which uses Python2 which is EOL.
>
> Is there a plan to upgrade to Mailman3? Doing so and also enabling
> Hyperkitty could help the accessibility because of a more modern ui that
> helps people on different screen resolutions and less familiarity of
> using email.

Yes, we, the FSF tech team, plan to upgrade to Mialman 3 this year. And
also deploy https://public-inbox.org/README.html. We are open to
volunteer help.  https://www.fsf.org/volunteer links to
https://libreplanet.org/wiki/Group:FSF:Tech_Team_Volunteers

--
Ian Kelling | Senior Systems Administrator, Free Software Foundation
GPG Key: B125 F60B 7B28 7FF6 A2B7  DF8F 170A F0E2 9542 95DF