Re: contributing to Emacs

From: Konstantin Kharlamov
Subject: Re: contributing to Emacs
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2023 22:49:08 +0300

On Tue, 2023-06-20 at 19:14 +0300, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > From: Konstantin Kharlamov <hi-angel@yandex.ru>
> > Cc: dsmasterson@gmail.com, arne_bab@web.de, ams@gnu.org, luangruo@yahoo.com,
> >   philipk@posteo.net, emacs-devel@gnu.org
> > Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2023 18:45:03 +0300
> >
> > > I already said I didn't think this was a good idea, and explained why
> > > I thought so.
> >
> > You said you afraid some information will be lost. I explained that it
> > won't.
> > You didn't provide any counter-arguments, so I kind of hoped it is clear at
> > this
> > point that it will only bring benefit. If you are referring to something I
> > didn't answer, please point that out, because to my knowledge I replied to
> > everything.
>
> If you carefully re-read what I wrote about those suggestions, you
> will see that the issue is exhausted from my POV.

Sorry, I am not the best person to read for cues between the lines, if that's
what you meant. You explained my suggestion has a problem, I disproved that. As
far as I understand you just do not want to discuss this issue (not because it's
wrong or something, but because you just don't have the motivation). It's okay.
I think at this point I should ask if there any other person who can apply the
change to the docs who I can discuss it with, although to be honest I'm kind of
exhausted too.