Re: contributing to Emacs

From: Lynn Winebarger
Subject: Re: contributing to Emacs
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2023 12:32:25 -0400

On Tue, Jun 20, 2023, 12:15 PM Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> wrote:
> The only single
> "big move" that is theoretically possible is just move Emacs to a Gitlab
> instance, which will remove necessity to care of any docs because finding a
> developer who doesn't know how git-forges work is unlikely. But I *do not*
> suggest doing that because I know many long-timers would not want that. So
> instead I am trying to bite at different pieces that could be improved without
> affecting existing workflow. This docs discussion is just one small piece.

We considered Gitlab, and also a couple of other alternatives.  They
all had problems that needed to be solved first, and no one stepped
forward or succeeded to do that.  You can find all this in the
archives, including our minimum requirements to any such
workflow/framework

Have the problems with the search interface for the mailing list archive been fixed?  Unless you meant some other archives, that seems problematic.

Lynn