Re: contributing to Emacs

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: contributing to Emacs
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2023 12:24:09 -0400

   > In any case, that section hardly has any bearing on the main issue at
   > hand: how to make it easier for people to contribute.  I explained
   > that as well.

   That is because the large issue consists of many small ones! The only single
   "big move" that is theoretically possible is just move Emacs to a Gitlab
   instance, which will remove necessity to care of any docs because finding a
   developer who doesn't know how git-forges work is unlikely. But I *do not*
   suggest doing that because I know many long-timers would not want that. So
   instead I am trying to bite at different pieces that could be improved
without
   affecting existing workflow. This docs discussion is just one small piece.

I'm sorry, but this cannot be taken seriously.  "remove necessity to
care of any docs"?  This is now how good software development works,
and such naive attiude for silver bullets is not only counter productive.