Re: contributing to Emacs

From: Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide
Subject: Re: contributing to Emacs
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2023 18:33:43 +0200

Konstantin Kharlamov <hi-angel@yandex.ru> writes:
> On Tue, 2023-06-20 at 14:14 +0300, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>> I'd appreciate if this seasonal "what's wrong with Emacs
>> contributions" discussion would either switch to discussing some
>> innovative and useful ideas for how to make it easier for
>> contributors, or just died if there are no such ideas yet.
>> Reiterating the same claims and the same arguments doesn't sound like
>> a good use of our time and bandwidth.
>
> To my knowledge, I didn't "reiterate same claims", but was answering your
> reasoning about not wanting to change the docs, and your reasoning didn't seem
> to have been recursive so far. And it is pointless to suggest new ideas if we
> didn't even finish discussing old ones.

Maybe this was to both your arguments and my arguments which are
similar, though our proposed solutions differ.

I decided to stop pushing that point, because I realized that while I
know that part of my experience is fixing broken information flows (so I
actually think that I am right in this), it will not be a good use of my
or Eli's time if I keep pushing there but it gets rejected in the end
anyway.

Best wishes,
Arne
--