Re: contributing to Emacs

From: Björn Bidar
Subject: Re: contributing to Emacs
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2023 07:33:19 +0300

Just answering once here as other already mentioned this is wrong place
although it's related.

Yuchen Pei <id@ypei.org> writes:

> On Mon 2023-06-26 02:31:12 +0300, Björn Bidar wrote:
>
>> Is there a plan to upgrade to Mailman3? Doing so and also enabling
>> Hyperkitty could help the accessibility because of a more modern ui that
>> helps people on different screen resolutions and less familiarity of
>> using email.
>
> Can you elaborate on the accessibility issue, especially how is the
> mailman 2 archive web interface not as accessible?

Scaling doesn't work for high dpi displays, smaller displays or those
that use touch input such as phones.

Subjectively it is also an issue that so few content is on a page
requiring to click to the next page for each message.

> One problem with Hyperkitty is that it requires javascript to display
> any message, which is makes it kind of useless in non-js browsers like
> eww and lynx.

If I understand correctly there was some improvements on that recently:
https://gitlab.com/mailman/hyperkitty/-/merge_requests/418