emacsconf-org

Re: Draft call for participation (maybe June 26?), lessons learned from

From: Sacha Chua
Subject: Re: Draft call for participation (maybe June 26?), lessons learned from last year
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2023 14:04:33 -0400

Bhavin Gandhi <bhavin7392@gmail.com> writes:

> someone is about to send a proposal they will get to know by when they
> will get notified. I propose this line (please tweak it further if
> required):
> All the speakers will be notified by Saturday, September 30, 2023 or
> earlier regarding the status of their proposal.

Good idea! I've added that and "Accepted speakers will have until
November 3 (Friday) to prepare their video." to
https://emacsconf.org/2023/submit/ . We can tweak the submit page to
nudge people to submit things earlier if they want.

>> Subscribe to our main mailing list, [emacsconf-discuss]
>> (<https://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/emacsconf-discuss>), for discussion
>> and announcements about the EmacsConf conference.
>> We look forward to your ideas and submissions!
> I think these two lines can go with the email we send out?

bandali has sent the main e-mail already, but I can add something like
that to the end of https://emacsconf.org/2023/submit/ .

Thank you!

Sacha