emacsconf-org

Re: Draft call for participation (maybe June 26?), lessons learned from

From: Sacha Chua
Subject: Re: Draft call for participation (maybe June 26?), lessons learned from last year
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2023 19:42:10 -0400

Cairn via emacsconf-org <emacsconf-org@gnu.org> writes:

Hello, Cairn, all!

> I was enthusiastic about contributing at the start of 2022, but life
> took its turns, and I didn't even get to attend last conference.
> Luckily, I'm settled into a new apartment and a new job, and I'll look
> out for how I can help this year. =)

Yay!

> Like the rest of the conference, the submission process will never
> require anyone to use non-free software.

Sure, that could work! I've tried rewording it so that it's positive:
"You can do the whole submission process with free/libre software if you
want, just like the rest of the conference." Thanks!

> I think the CFP is good enough in this regard. We can only hope folks
> make some unique submissions. Maybe we can be proactive, and reach out
> to community members who haven't given talks yet?

I wonder if we can get any of the lawyers who use Emacs to share their
workflow... <laugh>

Here are a few links to other CFPs in case people want more
inspiration. I think we're in pretty good shape for Monday, though. =)
Getting better every year!

- https://debconf23.debconf.org/cfp/ - includes early submission timeline
- https://fosdem.org/2023/news/2022-11-13-call-for-presentations/ - mentions
upload date, license