[emms-help] emms problems

From: Dieter Deyke
Subject: [emms-help] emms problems
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 21:16:23 -0700

I have found 2 problems running emms on my windows xp pro sp2 machine:

1) emms-add-m3u-playlist cannot load an m3u playlist file with windows
   line termination (\r\n). My guess is that this is caused by the
   line

     (insert-file-contents-literally playlist)

   which will insert \r literally

2) emms seems to be unable to play tracks which contain umlauts (chars
   in the range 0x80-0xff). For example emms-add-directory-tree will
   find a file with the name

     n:/Fetenhits - Schlager CD2/Dorthe - Wärst Du doch in Düsseldorf
geblieben.mp3

   but emms will pass a different string to the player

Thanks for listening,
--
Dieter Deyke
mailto:address@hidden mailto:address@hidden mailto:address@hidden