Re: [emms-help] emms problems

From: Jorgen Schaefer
Subject: Re: [emms-help] emms problems
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 17:53:05 +0100

Dieter Deyke <address@hidden> writes:

> Hmmm, sorry, I did not even try before sending out my first mail. No,
> removing the -literally did not help, I still get ^M appended in the
> *Playlist* buffer, and the tracks cannot be played.

Ok, then we need a different way (I think I know how to fix it,
and I'll do that RSN - I'll let you know).

> For the second problem, I am sure that there are some songs with
> umlauts in their file names which are worth playing,

It was a joke :-)

> so I still think it should be fixed. But I have no idea on how
> to start to fix it myself.

The umlaut problem should be fixed by removing the -litarally.

> Since these two problems are so visible on a windows machine my
> guess is that the developers of emms are not using windows.

Correct...

> Is there anything I can contribute as a windows user?

You are doing great - testing is the most important thing!
Thanks for that!

Greetings,
        -- Jorgen

--
((email . "address@hidden") (www . "http://www.forcix.cx/";)
 (gpg   . "1024D/028AF63C")   (irc . "nick forcer on IRCnet"))