Re: [emms-help] emms problems

From: Jorgen Schaefer
Subject: Re: [emms-help] emms problems
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 10:51:08 +0100

Dieter Deyke <address@hidden> writes:

> I have found 2 problems running emms on my windows xp pro sp2 machine:
>
> 1) emms-add-m3u-playlist cannot load an m3u playlist file with windows
>    line termination (\r\n). My guess is that this is caused by the
>    line
>
>      (insert-file-contents-literally playlist)
>
>    which will insert \r literally

Thanks!

> 2) emms seems to be unable to play tracks which contain umlauts (chars
>    in the range 0x80-0xff).

If you change the line above to (insert-file-contents playlist) -
that is, removing the -literally - does it work?

>    For example emms-add-directory-tree will find a file with the
>    name
>
>      n:/Fetenhits - Schlager CD2/Dorthe - Wärst Du doch in Düsseldorf
> geblieben.mp3
>
>    but emms will pass a different string to the player

With that song - are you sure it's a bug and not a feature? *8)

Greetings,
        -- Jorgen

--
((email . "address@hidden") (www . "http://www.forcix.cx/";)
 (gpg   . "1024D/028AF63C")   (irc . "nick forcer on IRCnet"))