Re: [emms-help] emms problems

From: Dieter Deyke
Subject: Re: [emms-help] emms problems
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 17:29:41 -0700

After some more testing I found that the new function does not work
with playlists containing absolute file names in Windows format. I
propose the following change:

;;;###autoload
(defun emms-m3u-playlist (playlist)
  "A source for simple .m3u playlists. It ignores empty lines, or
lines starting with '#'."
  (interactive (list (read-file-name "Play file: "
                                     emms-source-file-default-directory
                                     emms-source-file-default-directory
                                     t)))
  (emms-source-files
   (let ((files '())
         (dir (file-name-directory playlist)))
     (with-temp-buffer
       (insert-file-contents playlist)
       (goto-char (point-min))
       (while (re-search-forward "^[^# ].*$" nil t)
         (let ((line (match-string 0)))
           (setq files (cons (if (file-name-absolute-p line)
                                 line
                               (concat dir line))
                             files)))))
     (reverse files))))

I also found the following mismatch:

the info file announces a function emms-play-dired which does not
exist in the sources.

--
Dieter Deyke
mailto:address@hidden mailto:address@hidden mailto:address@hidden