ff3d-users

[ff3d-users] Using complex geometry....error using "cylinder"??

From: Arun Viswanathan
Subject: [ff3d-users] Using complex geometry....error using "cylinder"??
Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 09:29:53 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Stephane (and others), I am now trying to enhance
my code in order to deal with a more complex scenario.

Initially, I only had an empty container in which I
was trying to determine concentration of gases in
different parts of its interiors. Now, I am going to
get into the actual problem in which we have a
container, that holds several drums (cylinders), with
each of the drums consisting of gases. The intention
is to determine the concentration of gases within the
container, incase any of the drums develops a leak and
starts to release the gas through diffusion.

For this, I have written the pov-ray file, using the
"intersection" boolean operation (since the container
holds all the drums inside it). I have an error
running the new code that says: syntax error
"cylinder". This, ofcourse, is in the pov file, but I
fail to understand why this is not recognized as a
built-in function for geometry construction. Please
suggest what I should do to get rid of this error.

Also, now that the geometry is more complicated, I
guess I would need to mention a domain too, for which
I am not aware how to use the "inside / outside"
syntax (the manual does not talk about this in
detail). Could any of you please help me with this
too??

Thanks, best regards,
Arun.