Re: [Freeipmi-users] Tyan Thunder S2882 with m3289 bmc module

From: Albert Chu
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-users] Tyan Thunder S2882 with m3289 bmc module
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 13:22:31 -0800

Hi Jan,

> This is probably off-topic, but since there is a lack of
> information on the internet I would like to try my luck here.

Nope, this is the right mailing list for this stuff :-)

> Anyway, the output of the freeipmi tools is looking good, so I could
> think(/hope) it's a bad variable.

Just skimming over it, the output looks good.  Have you been able to
atleast ping the remote machine with rmcpping or ipmiping?  Or is only
ipmipower that you can't get to work?  I fixed a few bugs in the
username/password BMC configuration tool that could fix any
username/password errors you are getting from ipmipower.