Re: Logging Library-GSOC

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: Logging Library-GSOC
Date: Sat, 04 Jul 2020 21:47:07 +0200 (CEST)

> Throughout this week I have integrated dlg with FreeType and I was
> able to achieve the following goals: [...]

Thanks!

> [...] I am facing a problem with printing FT_COMPONENT and
> Time-Stamp along with log messages part...  The problem is that this
> extra information is printed every time there is a call to dlg's API
> to handle trace/error logs.

Indeed, this is a problem.  The time stamp should only be printed if
the last character of the last message was a newline character.

Or rather, the printing of a newline character should trigger the
printing of the time stamp.

> I have attached a log file related to this problem.  I am working on
> this but in the meantime, if I could get some suggestions it would
> be very helpful...

Since debugging isn't time critical it might be necessary to add an
additional step that scans tracing messages for newline characters,
then massaging the output by inserting the time stamp.  In other
words, all occurrences of

  `\n`

should be replaced with

  `\n[time stamp] `