Re: Logging Library-GSOC

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: Logging Library-GSOC
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2020 09:30:59 +0200 (CEST)

> I have added some changes to produce the desired output using the
> previous approach specified by you.  With this approach, I have to
> make very little changes in some FT_TRACE calls for better
> indentation.  Would that be OK with you?

Of course.  Please send a separate patch for these fixed so that I can
apply it to master directly.

> I am attaching a log file generated by the ftview.c demo program
> representing the new changes...

Very nice!  Do you have some data how large the slowdown is due to the
additional code?

Now let's pretend I'm Joe User, and I want a different logging format.
Instead of having

  [12:03:56 {stream}] ...

I want

  [stream] ...

What must be done?  [Actually, this is the default format I want to
have if the `FT2_DEBUG` environment variable contains the string
`show_modules` (or `-v`, or whatever; this isn't implemented yet).]

    Werner