Re: [Gnumed-devel] New developer searching for a task

From: Horst Herb
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] New developer searching for a task
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 07:08:09 +1100

On Wed, 4 Dec 2002 23:26, Paolo Bizzarri wrote:
> > two areas that need development are form input/printing.
> > Ian Haywood has started some work on tables for this. This is
> > a very important task that needs a good solution.
>
> I could work on this. Exactly what needs to be done ?

wxPython provides a low level printing framework. We would like a module where
you can say something like "print_at(x,y, string)" where x and y are absolute
positions in mm on the print medium discounting the print margins.
The next step is than a module that parses an XML file with print instructions
where the end user can position database elements on forms for printing
purposes

Horst