Re: [Gnumed-devel] Printing forms

From: Hilmar Berger
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Printing forms
Date: Sat, 7 Dec 2002 15:54:47 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 5 Dec 2002, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

> > We may need to have a 'calibration' page, printing two dots at logical
> > postions
> This should even be integrated into GnuMed as "calibrate
> printer" where the user prints the calibration page(s) and
> enters his measurements. This should be easy as de-alignment
> _does_ happen in mid-work due to inexplicable reasons.

I just imagine a doctor/secretary measuring "calibration sheets" more than
once a day. IMHO this procedure shouldn't be used more than once a month
(if not just once for every printer used).

A possible solution for re-alignment could be a simple dialog that just
moves the edges of the virtual sheet to one direction by fixed/variable
steps *without* actually measuring anything. Usually you wont actually
need pixel-precise prints. The de-alignment should just be within
reasonable bounds to be accepted by machine-based form readers.

Hilmar