Re: [Gnumed-devel] Measurements (was: New developer searching for a task

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Measurements (was: New developer searching for a task)
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 13:30:04 +0100

> So, if people who are working in this area, vote:
>
> [ ] There is a comprehensive standard of codes for
>     types of measurement, or we can make up such a
>     standard
> [x] We'll simply give a set of some basic parameters
>     and let every gnuMed-User extend/edit this list
>     according to his/her needs
Any GnuMed client will once a month sync it's table with a
central repository and report back any local parameters not
in the table. The local user is asked to provide more detail
on any non-syncable parameters. Next time around the local
parameters would be merged in the central list. This is the
ideal approach. I am not sure if it is fully practical,
though.