Re: [Gnumed-devel] Printing forms

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Printing forms
Date: Sat, 7 Dec 2002 18:08:00 +0100

> I just imagine a doctor/secretary measuring "calibration sheets" more than
> once a day. IMHO this procedure shouldn't be used more than once a month
> (if not just once for every printer used).
Of course not. But the idea of just-once-per-printer is
wishful thinking, let me tell you that. And WHEN you need it
you want it darn easy because you are in a hurry.

> A possible solution for re-alignment could be a simple dialog that just
> moves the edges of the virtual sheet to one direction by fixed/variable
> steps *without* actually measuring anything.
Sure, that'd work, too. Let the user specify mm's "to the
left" etc. which is an easy enough concept I would assume.

> Usually you wont actually
> need pixel-precise prints. The de-alignment should just be within
> reasonable bounds to be accepted by machine-based form readers.
:-)

Are you sure you know what the law says ? (Not that I think the
law's always making sense.)

For all practical aspects de-alignment of, say, 2mm in either
direction is acceptable in most situations, I guess.