Re: [Gnumed-devel] gmrecalls.sql

From: Ian Haywood
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] gmrecalls.sql
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 04:45:22 -0500

On Mon, Jan 13, 2003 at 06:46:13PM +1100, Horst Herb wrote:
> Ian Haywood wrote:
>
> I am trying to add most of Richard's GUI stepwise into the modular design.
>
> My philosophy still is having many small and rather independent "widget
> units", which can be plugged in and out of the user interface framework
> depending on a users need and taste.

Richard's module is itself pluggable (a plugin with its own plugins),
which appear as the icons across the top (sorry if you already knew
this) . The problem is we have two plugin levels: tabs across the
bottom, and the icons across the top. Do you proposed moving back to a
single-tiered structure?

I prefer icons, simply because you can pack more in
(the tab would quickly become unworkable, even for a standard GP setup
(admittedly no-one will ever use the full set)

> These widgets may communicate with each other via our internal message
> dispatching system, but they rarely ever should rely on any specific
> user interface element being available or active at any given time.
In general they don't, there is some cross-linkage to get the patient
name bar to link to the demographics screen, but that's still in the one
module. (gmDemographics.py)

Ian