Re: [Gnumed-devel] Richard's phrase wheel comments

From: Elizabeth Dodd
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Richard's phrase wheel comments
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 19:48:56 +1000

On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 10:37 am, richard terry wrote:
> snip:

> Please refer back to the section documentation. For example when
> prescribing, say for gout in the example below, on an actual paper script,
> we don't write the first line as 'gout', we write
>  Rx
>  Allopurinol (or Brand eg Zyloprim)
> 300mg tabs
> 1 mane
> for gout
>
> ie the phrase wheel dosn't need much intelligence here. It is simply a
> vehicle to pop up lists - it needs to troll the database for all drugs
> starting with 'a...'

Please, don't start the phrase wheel at simply typing "a".  This happens
currently on my slow outdated hardware and if I am slow typing the next one
or two letters, it is so busy returning every drug (and formulation) that
begins with "a" that it can't notice that I have typed "allo"
This system wastes a good deal of my time in a day.
Liz
--
Alimony is the curse of the writing classes.
                -- Norman Mailer