Re: [Gnumed-devel] keep testing, or add to main source?

From: Hilmar Berger
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] keep testing, or add to main source?
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 23:10:35 +0200 (MEST)

Second try...

Hi,
> > One way to do this could be to store score-tables for every unique
> > combination of the relevant entry fields.
>
> > create table score_gmpw_sql_prescriptions (
> >       fk_entry_fields_combination not null references
> gmpw_combinations_prescriptions(id);
> > );
> >
> > create table gmpw_combinations_prescriptions (

> Holy cow ! :-))  Am I missing something if I suggest using a
> "cookie" text default null column in score_(*)_prescriptions
> which is a concatenated string of the appropriate values and

Well, i thought about that, too. The reasons why I felt that a separate
table would be better is that
 a fk will waste less space than a multi-item string and we will probably
have more than one appearance of the same combination since there will be more
than one item in a the particular score list.

> let the widget care about which field the actual values are
> taken from in which order ?  Of course, without a clear
Well, this is even possible in the originally suggested table because one
can assign table columns to whatever entry field you want. We can even replace
the single fields by a string array.
> definition of a separator character (newline ?) this would be
> a one-way field (albeit sufficient lest I be mistaken).
I believe that in this case you will definitely need a separator because you
can't be sure that different fields are not even partially equal (think of
diagnoses that contain substance names, surnames that match other terms and so
on). In these cases you might get the wrong score list.

Hilmar