Re: [Gnumed-devel] keep testing, or add to main source?

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] keep testing, or add to main source?
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 23:47:03 +0200

> > "cookie" text default null column in score_(*)_prescriptions
> > which is a concatenated string of the appropriate values and
>
> Well, i thought about that, too. The reasons why I felt that a separate
> table would be better is that
>  a fk will waste less space than a multi-item string and we will probably
> have more than one appearance of the same combination
Not the way I understand it: The *widget* would always
generate the cookie in the same way, eg. the same ordering of
"context field data".

> Well, this is even possible in the originally suggested table because one
> can assign table columns to whatever entry field you want. We can even replace
> the single fields by a string array.
Sure, but that's just saying "horse" backwards. I was thinking
a mule would do for the job.

> I believe that in this case you will definitely need a separator because you
> can't be sure that different fields are not even partially equal (think of
Ah, true. So, IMHO, make the context data a text field with
newline separated values in an order the widget/business
object (actually, the appropriate match provider, supposedly)
knows about for both reads and writes. Blank positions
correspond to blank lines.