Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed website

From: Horst Herb
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed website
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 15:16:14 +1100

On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 15:01, Ian Haywood wrote:
> > gnumed.conf.de is over and it has been a fun time.
> > One attendee said he had trouble getting to know GNUmed. He explained
> > that there are too many websites for GNUmed and almost no documents for
> > people who have never heard of GNUmed, open source , CVS and the like
> > before.
>
> I agree we should have one website, IMHO it should be a
> Wiki (there are numerous implementations), to allow easy maintance.
>
> It should also mirror the user and developer guides currently in CVS (which
> have a lot of your requests already, although they need some maintainance)
>
> While we're there, we should run a public gnumed database and subversion to
> replace savannah CVS (particularly if it stays offline for much longer)
>
> Currently both gnumed.org and gnumed.net are BSD boxes, a system with which
> I have little experience, were one Debian I would be happy to look after
> this stuff (since everything above is apt-get'able) [I think gnumed.net was
> moving to Debian at some stage: is this still true?]

Agree with all points. I am happy to offer space on a Debian server for this,
it's the one that's currently hosting some of the new OSHCA site too. This
one has oodles of bandwidth and space (100 GB transfer per month still free,
redundant 100MBit (yes!) connection,  40 GB disk space ...).

Would be easy to set up a subversion repository there too.

We have to consult with Tony Lembke too, who has done all the hard work with
gnumed.org over the past years, to see what his thoughts are.

If somebody would take this task as webadmin, I would be happy to provide any
degree of system permissions down to root (via sudo) to that person.

Horst