Re: [Gnumed-devel] Fwd: Lab data support in OSCAR

From: Elizabeth Dodd
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Fwd: Lab data support in OSCAR
Date: Thu, 6 May 2004 20:19:48 +1000

On Thu, 6 May 2004 19:46, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

> > >Our lab module automatically matches Lab data to OSCAR patients based
> > >on PHN numbers.
>
> We auto-match data when either the lab request ID (that
> barcode sticker number) is unambiguously associated with a
> patient or the patient demographics (first, last, dob, gender)
> obtained from the result match *one* patient.
>
> > >However, users must verify the matched data before it is
> > >"Linked" to the patient's EMR.

This is a pain in the gluteal region.
Some users will never verify data. I have spent many hours matching results
because they just overlaod the import queue.
Liz

--
Girls marry for love.  Boys marry because of a chronic irritation that
causes them to gravitate in the direction of objects with certain curvilinear