Re: [Gnumed-devel] Fwd: Lab data support in OSCAR

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Fwd: Lab data support in OSCAR
Date: Thu, 6 May 2004 12:01:30 -0700

On May 6, 2004, at 10:24 AM, Hilmar Berger wrote:
On Thu, 6 May 2004 11:46:25 +0200
Karsten Hilbert <address@hidden> wrote:
1) only if reviewed_by_clinician is false may
   technically_abnormal be null
Why this ? Shouldn't technically_abnormal be set automatically if range information/status is available from the lab data ? What relation has this flag to the clinicians decision ?

Maybe it means:
when lab has sent a result with specifying no value for technically_abnormal (i.e. the value is null)
and it is then reviewed by clinician
then value can no longer remain null
(nor can it be set to back to null if it were already .T. or .F. though I know not if PostGres allows) i.e. technically_abnormal must be set and only be allowed to carry either .F. or .T.

Within the group of results being reviewed, efficient options would include:
        set all to normal (technically_normal to "true")
        set selected to normal (technically_normal to "true")
        set selected to abnormal (technically_normal to "false")

        set all to clinically irrelevant (clinically_relevant to "false")
        set selected to clinically relevant (clinically_relevant to "true")
- i suppose we should include set selected... irrelevant to support reversing a wrong action