Re: [Gnumed-devel] Fwd: Lab data support in OSCAR

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Fwd: Lab data support in OSCAR
Date: Sat, 8 May 2004 13:50:04 +0200

> >Per patient unreviewed records are (going to be) alerted to the
> >user by way of Richard's left lower third space. One can also
> >always go to the lab journal and review independently of the
> >currently active patient.
>
> Among new test results, priorities could include:
>
> - attending to "critical" abnormalities if the lab flags that level of
> alert (labs do normally phone the office, for example for INR results
> above 5 or a potassium above 5)
We can make it an option whether the user wants to be alerted
on abnormal results only (in Richard space). It's just that
someone needs to do it and it's fairly low prio. Sebastian,
you want to put a TODO item in the right place ?

> - when a colleague in the practice is away, being able to scan their
> patients' results for them --- to support this, the lab journal would
> require two levels of  filter: one to restrict to a doctor other than
> the user,
ah, we didn't think of that yet as we don't need it but yes,
we'll keep a TODO around for the Lab Journal

> and one to restrict to what the lab calls (or which GnuMed
> can calculate to be) technically abnormal as I would prefer to not have
> to lose time reviewing a colleague's normal results.
Makes sense -> TODO.