Re: [Gnumed-devel] Fwd: Lab data support in OSCAR

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Fwd: Lab data support in OSCAR
Date: Thu, 6 May 2004 19:24:00 +0200

> > We auto-match data when either the lab request ID (that
> > barcode sticker number) is unambiguously associated with a
> > patient or the patient demographics (first, last, dob, gender)
> > obtained from the result match *one* patient.
> This is a pain in the gluteal region.
> Some users will never verify data. I have spent many hours matching results
> because they just overlaod the import queue.
Not sure which project this comment was aimed at but in GnuMed
the user will never see the import queue. It just sits there
in some directories on the server and the importer regularly
tries to match queued results to patient <-> lab ID
associations. Any record that leaves the import queue has been
successfully matched to a particular patient. There never is a
need to verify that matching under normal conditions.

Per patient unreviewed records are (going to be) alerted to the
user by way of Richard's left lower third space. One can also
always go to the lab journal and review independently of the
currently active patient.