Re: [Gnumed-devel] low Performance

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] low Performance
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2004 17:53:13 +0200

On Saturday 05 June 2004 17:42, Hilmar Berger wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> just to give some more data on the follow-up issues: I tried hherb.com as
> remote database, with no difference in performance. Seems that the
> bottleneck is not in the backend but in the data transmission. I dont know
> if the low upload bandwidth of my ASDL line is to blame - maybe someone
> with a fast internet uplink should try to reproduce the results. What this
> time really shocked me was the even changing the patient takes about 30-40
> seconds. It seems that there are a lot of widgets reloading there contents
> even when not displayed.
Accessing hherb.com it takes 17sec to start Gnumed, 10 sec to change the
patient (which is way too long :-) ), 72sec to open the labjournal (fetching
50 or so records)

Local machine: open Gnumed with many (more than with hherb.com) tabs takes
9sec. switching patients 2-3sec. Only 2 seconds to open the lab journal.