Re: [Gnumed-devel] low Performance

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] low Performance
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 19:54:13 +0200

> BTW, would it make sense to define something like a basic set
> of parameters that hold information that are needed by more
> than one widget like known diseases, current medication, etc.
> (somewhat similiar to a summary).
Not really, in terms of widgets. The *widget* level "basic
dataset" is always visible in the frame title and top panel.
There is, however, a few studies that tried to identify a
basic GP dataset which at some point may come in handy being
preloaded from the waiting list.

> This set could even hold some flags like "unreviewed lab
> data", "new pathology result" etc which are set on the backend
> side by some backend logic every time we change the respective
> data.
Uhm, like,
   select * from v_results4lab_req where reviewed=false
? Or maybe you are thinking of a giant basic-dataset view ?

> This way we could just fetch the basic parameter set and
> at the same time we would know if we must load more data from
> the backend.
I'm not sure I understand how this is supposed to work ?