Re: [Gnumed-devel] low Performance

From: Hilmar Berger
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] low Performance
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 19:14:45 +0200

On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 11:52:51 +0200
Karsten Hilbert <address@hidden> wrote:

> > It seems that there are a
> > lot of widgets reloading there contents even when not
> > displayed.
> I have been working on this making sure widgets only (re)load
> when they are a) visible and b) the data changed at all.
BTW, would it make sense to define something like a basic set of parameters
that hold information that are needed by more than one widget like known
diseases, current medication, etc. (somewhat similiar to a summary). This set
could even hold some flags like "unreviewed lab data", "new pathology result"
etc which are set on the backend side by some backend logic every time we
change the respective data. This way we could just fetch the basic parameter
set and at the same time we would know if we must load more data from the
backend. It would serve as a sort of mixture of preselected cached entries
(i.e. parameters with an high cache hit rate) and preprocessed additional
information.

Hilmar