Re: [Gnumed-devel] low Performance

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] low Performance
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2004 11:52:51 +0200

Hilmar said:
> just to give some more data on the follow-up issues: I tried
> hherb.com as remote database, with no difference in
> performance.

> What this time really shocked me was the even changing the
> patient takes about 30-40 seconds.
When I try this it takes at most 15 seconds (lo and behold,
this speaks of inefficiency, too).

> It seems that there are a
> lot of widgets reloading there contents even when not
> displayed.
I have been working on this making sure widgets only (re)load
when they are a) visible and b) the data changed at all.

> If the large number of single SQL-queries caused by business
> object initiation is in fact the reason for this delay,
I suspect so.

> then it might be more efficient to move more logic from business
> objects to the backend.
I don't think that'll help any.

> One could as well try to fetch a larger
yes

> but more fuzzy junk of patient related data
no

> in some backend method and do the selection of needed data
> in the business objects.
yes, but I'll work on bulk-loading non-fuzzy data