Re: [Gnumed-devel] SOAP widget navigation

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] SOAP widget navigation
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 18:17:33 +0200

> - within the SOAP text, a "new line" is not the same as a new
> row/record, because a "new line" can have value within a single row to
> support multiple paragraphs and point form.
Exactly. Even though all subjective narrative goes into one
Soap row I structure it with newlines. Ian thankfully already
implemented Ctrl-Enter for that.

> Essentially paragraph marks
> which along with tabs I imagine the postgres field type will store (?)
Not sure what you mean here ?

> - we have already determined that we want a way to be able to jump from
> whatever is the current location of the cursor (which could be within
> rather than at the end of a paragraph e.g. a person mouse clicked
> within to insert a few words
Yes.

> - we may need a way to create / support extra rows of soap_cat = one of
> {s,o,a,p} .
We already have a 0.1-sufficient one. Add another SOAP note. I
don't see value in allowing SSOOAP for now.

> - Return and Enter keys function the same, both inserting a paragraph
> mark OR (if the keypress is preceded by a specified character yet to be
AND there are no other characters *following* the current
insertion point
> decided (like ";" or "|") either key will jump to the next SOAP line
yes

> - essentially, is there a view that Return and Enter should always
> function the same as the value of differential function risks being
> outweighed by confusing the user?
As on PCs they are the same key, yes.

Or are you talking about the same key but with/without Shift
applied ?