Re: [Gnumed-devel] SOAP widget navigation

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] SOAP widget navigation
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 22:34:02 +0200

> So if in a visit I have so far got:
>
> S: sore throat 3d, mild pain on swallow, no nose, ear Sx, no cough
> O: temp 37.8, ENT N, chest clear

> So I now click back into S: selecting the 3, replacing with 7 and
> inserting "no fever":

> so my current insertion point is after "no fever" and now I want to
> jump to "A:", but how to do it from the keyboard, if Enter is to be
> constrained by the presence of characters beyond "no fever"?
Personally I would suggest Ctrl-CursorUp/Down.
This holds with the convention that Ctrl-CursorLeft/Right
jumps words.

Other opinions ?

> Also, in our weighing how to support "new line" versus "jump to next
> SOAP element", which key presses would in actual practice be most
> numerous?
> - new lines within all the SOAP elements, or
> - jumps across RFE/SOAP/AOE
Depends on work flow, I assume.

> The examples so far have been kept very short and simple but, in actual
> use, may we expect point form within SOAP to be desirable and often
> generate several lines across SOAP,
I for one need it every day.

> across elements? If that indeed is likely, then is it better for the
> default action of return/enter be to create a new line,
It already is if one is *within* the text of one soap line.

> Also, if we wish the editor to be understood to be a text editor,
It seems some feel otherwise. However, from the appearance I
believe most average users will get that impression the first
time.