Re: [Gnumed-devel] SOAP widget navigation

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] SOAP widget navigation
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 11:50:26 -0700

Essentially paragraph marks
which along with tabs I imagine the postgres field type will store (?)
Not sure what you mean here ?

Some database field types accept only numerics, only alpha etc. I was just assuming (trusting) that the postgres field type "text" accepts any and all character/codes for example if someone would for some reason input option-tab or shift-return to input "soft" values as may be useful for later defining formatting (and assuming that the programming has not already assigned some over-riding function to such combinations), would they be preserved?

- we may need a way to create / support extra rows of soap_cat = one of
{s,o,a,p} .
We already have a 0.1-sufficient one. Add another SOAP note. I
don't see value in allowing SSOOAP for now.

I am fine with that! :-)

- essentially, is there a view that Return and Enter should always
function the same as the value of differential function risks being
outweighed by confusing the user?
Or are you talking about the same key but with/without Shift applied ?

On the Mac, the key above the right-hand "shift" key is labeled "return". The key at the bottom right corner of the numeric keypad is labeled "enter". It is possible for them to function differently though the default is not. It is likely simplest to keep them bound to the same actions / functions.