Re: [Gnumed-devel] Ok - I'm up and running - project needed.

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Ok - I'm up and running - project needed.
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 14:09:26 +0200

> A GUI confiugration tool has already been written by Hilmar Berger.
> It works well, but certainly it could be made more user-friendly.
Back then we agreed that this will suffice to fill the 0.1
TODO item. We did agree that a better config widget needs to
be written later.

> > With regards to the login - what 'backend options' were you expecting?
I remember to have read somewhere that they aren't even
supported by PG anymore ? IMO just dump them.

> IMHO this is far too esoteric to be presented in the GUI at all.
ACK.

> Same goes for "port". Anyone smart enough to know how to run postgres on a
> non-standard port knows how to hack the client too.
Ah ! A good argument :-)   I'm OK with "hardcoding" 5432
(eg. not having the user decide in the logon GUI).