[Gnumed-devel] Ok - I'm up and running - project needed.

From: Richard Terry
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Ok - I'm up and running - project needed.
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 09:44:25 +1000

Ok, thanks Karsten, syan for all  your help.
In the event it was simple.

1) New cvs download
2) Karsten fixing a few typo's in his code
3) removing old /usr/share/gnumed directory from Ians 0.1.gz installation file
and all works well.

Now that its running I'd like a bit of a simple project - I think getting the
guidelines section working properly (using Au Therapeutic Guidelines). Some
time ago Ken Havery from TGC did give us some sort of permission to use part
of this for demonstration purposes, so I've contact him (away) leaving
message to ring me to get the permissions sorted out again.

I've had a quick look at the overall progress/gui, and whilst realising all
the progress has been on the back end - my god the gui and functionality is a
dog's breakfast. One gets vertigo just trying to use what little there is of
it. Even just the bootup screen/configuration sucks as to do anything simple
with it takes many mouse clicks tabs etc. The whole idea of program flow
should be to reduce the amount of work (mouse clicks, screen distrance
tranversed, tab clicks etc) to a minimum.

I wish somewhere in your hearts you could put some trust in my abilities to
make things functional and just, even for a period of say two months, follow
my instructions blindly regarding the gui,  and just do what I say to improve
the look of the gui and its functionality. I can guarentee you will not be
disappointed.  Note that I follow your instructions/work re the backend and
coding blindly without questioning your better judgement and skill.

Whereas as you know I don't have the coding abilities you guys do, I am bloody
good at functionality/program flow/ gui, as witnessnessed by my own program
(and anyone who has used it e.g Ian can testify to that), well documented in
the copious quantities of documents I've provided.

I will start firing a few questions off about the html stuff and the
quidelines page of the next couple of weeks.

Also karsten BTW, what happened to all the clinical editing areas - there are
none at all in my version of gnuMed.

Comments (don't mean to start a flame ware) welcome.

Richard