Re: [Gnumed-devel] Time for a major re-think in 2005 - opinions please.

From: Horst Herb
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Time for a major re-think in 2005 - opinions please.
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2005 15:14:25 +1100

On Fri, 7 Jan 2005 04:58, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
> > You can use wxGlade to "paint" the user interface (elements),
>
> I fear wxGlade isn't quite advanced enough to exert enough
> control over things. How do you use wxGlade with the resizable
> controls ? How with the phrase wheels ?

Shouldn't be a problem.
wxGlade deals extremely well with all kinds of sizers
it has both the concept of "generic / custom controls", and base class
controls (e.g. you modify a combo box to have phrase wheel properties, so you
select a combo box for graphical GUI design, but in the settings of the combo
box you type that you want to use it's child class "PhraseWheel" instead of
"ComboBox"
Maybe nobody noticed - the newest version (from cvs) of wxGlade even generates
event handler function stubs (e.g. you draw a control, and in the settings
dialog box you have a list of possible events for that control, for which you
can fill in you own function names to handle these events)

Last not least, it takes only a few hours to write a support module for a new
widget for wxGlade - it's entirely modular and simple, similar to gnumed's
plugin mechanism.

Horst