Re: [Gnumed-devel] MimsAnnual Data is not prescribing data remember

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] MimsAnnual Data is not prescribing data remember
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 12:16:39 +0100

> I need to emphasise here that this is the 'Big MIMS', ie the reference data,
> ie a drug browser data,  not the day to day prescribing data which is in an
> entirely different format, so I hope others have not got their hopes up about
> that.
I did not know that but it conforms with my ideas on first
providing a drug reference browser.

> IE the data we have access to will allow us to browse the full product
> information via HTML style with search by name, or  display drug lists by
> condition (eg all anti-depressants etc), but the data is not granular for
> prescribing.
Drug list by condition is immensely helpful. So is condition
by drug name. As is product information with search by name.

> I will run a request through to them about old data for prescribing but I
> hadn't given it a thought as I assumed the answer would be no.
We might want to work with what we got first so they can see
how we handle "their" data/trust.

> There has been no stipulation to the contrary, but as mentioned above it is
> not in the form you will be able to anyway for prescribing. The only rider is
> that the data provided by them to us must be at least 6 months old.
Which is fine. I see no problem with that. People who need up
to the minute data will (and should) order the product. The
question remains whether we can then import a legally obtained
copy of the current data into that doctor's database - else we
are back to square one ...