Re: [Gnumed-devel] MimsAnnual Data is not prescribing data remember

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] MimsAnnual Data is not prescribing data remember
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 23:42:55 +0100

> Their are two APIs in question:
>       1/ browser/prescriber<->database
>
>       2/ prescribing widget<->browser
>
> 1/ is hard, 2/ is trivial, however it can certainly wait post-0.1.
Oh, I see, that is your angle. I agree. I would add, however,
that 1a/ browser<->database might be easier than 1b/
prescriber<->database, no ?

Hence <somewhere> -> browser -> database should be doable ?

> OK, I understand. I've realised much of this discussion is moot, as Horst
> has already skipped several steps.
Oh, I think it's still useful to be very clear about what we
want. It'll help us assessing whether any and if so which
changes are needed for Hilmar's and/or Horst's browser.

> Can we agree that for 0.1 we should satisfy ourselves with a MIMS browser
> widget based on Horst's work
I agree ! Even that is listed as optional in the proposed
roadmap.

> which hopefully is easily extensible to other sources.
Even if not that's IMO fine for 0.1 as long as we clearly say
so and clearly say that it will not stay that way.

> (there will be some work integrating it with the plugin interface I suspect)
Shouldn't be too hard, actually. I would architect it as a
panel that can be placed anywhere, be that within the main
clinical widget or in a separate full page plugin - shouldn't
make much difference technically.

> >I would have hoped - licensing questions cleared - MIMS would
> >be a source of monographs for drugref which being imported
> >into drugref - properly tagged, of course.
> Yes but we intead to have our own eventually.
Hm, I thought the idea of drugref was to start from
<something> and expand on that ? Eg. I enter the fact that
there is a drug "Ben-u-ron liquid". Someone else adds that
it's from such and such a company while someone else still
enters monograph data about it's Paracetamol constituent. One
such someone could be the MIMS data source, no ? If someone
else then decides that a particular fact in the MIMS-provided
monograph isn't up to current standards anymore they would
edit that fact - which is getting tagged having been edited by
such and such. Is that not how it is supposed to work ? If so
it strikes me that MIMS monographs are as good as any to start
with.