[Gnumed-devel] I need some help

From: Peter Damoc
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] I need some help
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 11:12:07 +0300

Hello,

I know this is way offtopic but maybe there is some kind soul on this list with a little more experience in designing databases.

I'm trying to implement a patient management software for our practice, something kinda like GNUMed but much simpler, only some patient data and photos.
The main stumbling block is how to keep the database coherent.
I want to provide input access from multiple location in our clinic AND I need to find a way for this database to be mobile and by mobile I mean several notebooks that should somehow keep a copy of the central database and allow the doctor to work in another location, without connection to central server and with full access to all data up to the point where the last "update" was made. When the doctors return to the main clinic there should be some kind of mechanism to resync with the main database that might have been modified in the meantime.

How should I approach this?

Any kind of idea is welcomed.

Thank you in advance.

Peter