Re: Fwd: [Gnumed-devel] I need some help

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: Fwd: [Gnumed-devel] I need some help
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2006 14:25:50 +0200

On Thu, Jul 06, 2006 at 02:59:11PM +0300, Peter Damoc wrote:

> I can enforce a solution that will forbid concurrency. Concurrency is of
> little importance compared to Consistency.
That statement is not entirely true. If real life requires
concurrency then solving concurrency is of high importance
to conistency. Only if concurrency can be forced out of
reality then there is no need to support it.

> I might be mistaken but this is one of the problems I perceived at GNUMed...
> overdesign.
Well, no. I am solving my real-world problem. My daily work
includes concurrency. So that needs to be solved. I am
encountering patient locks caused by concurrency constraints
*daily* in the software that I use. Mind you, they are
needed to ensure consistency but they do unnecessarily stop
my workflow.