Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: automatic bug report redirection

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: automatic bug report redirection
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2008 17:52:20 +0200

On Tue, Sep 09, 2008 at 05:44:30PM +0200, Gour wrote:

> Karsten> Those people certainly have no business setting up a production
> Karsten> practice management system. That's the job of their IT support.
>
> Then, it is reasonable for them to press 'send report' and that report
> goes to IS stuff who can send nice gpg-signed email or register at LP if
> they care about support for the application.

I fully agree. This is the reason why things like

 - support email
 - version check url

are configurable in the first place :-)

That is also why I believe the approach you now started with

        address@hidden and/or address@hidden

acting as a virtual "IS support team" and doing exactly as
you suggest (signing and/or registering and forwarding to
Launchpad) is an excellent way to make this change happen.

> If the user is not 'dumb' in the sense of he/she just using the
> software, then hes/she can configure gpg as well if they managed to
> configure GNUmed.

I agree but I'd like to keep the burden on reporting bugs
low. It surely makes sense to raise the bar when

a) we do get spam
b) we do get "enough" (hopefully qualified) bug reports

Agree ?