[Gnumed-devel] Re: automatic bug report redirection

From: Gour
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: automatic bug report redirection
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 13:14:00 +0200

>>>>> "Sebastian" == Sebastian Hilbert <address@hidden> writes:

Sebastian> Now there is server-side signing for the very reason. Gour
Sebastian> please ask your wife to set up a gpg key for launchpad.

I already did that for her, but she is definitely capable to register at
LP and do some copy & paste ;)

Sebastian> Users are doctors. 1% of them are technically inclined. 1% of
Sebastian> 1% are technically capable (good doctors they still are:-))

You're mixing things. If someone is capable to install GNUmed, then he
is capable to setup gpg. Don't try to convince me in the opposite.

otoh, if user is 'doctor-only', then, as I suggested, teh bug report
should go to that IT stuff who installed it and they must be capable to
setup gpg.

In either case, the argument does not hold that settting gpg is
rocket-science.

Sebastian> They don't register with launchpad because they fear that
Sebastian> their patient records will end up at LP. the do not remmeber
Sebastian> passpharses for GPG keys because they *do not* use GPG.

See above.

Sebastian> IT people are IT people. They will use GPG, LP and
Sebastian> blueprints. They are welcome to learn anything that they need
Sebastian> to base a business on GNUmed.

Sebastian> Doctors are bug reporters because they use GNUmed. The get
Sebastian> work done. They crash GNUmed. It people write software to
Sebastian> crash programs.

Sebastian> GNUmed wants reports from doctors and IT people. Period. If
Sebastian> you are an IT person and put of by user's reports you better
Sebastian> change your system , not the doctor.

All the bug reports experienced by doctors can be configured to be sent
to IT stuff (I even did not know about it until being enlightened by
Karsten) to be submitted to the tracker.

Nice that Karsten though about that scenario, so I simply do not
understand why it is so difficult to envision that scenario:

doctor --> crash --> bug-report --> IT --> gpg-email/web --> LP tracker

However, let's end with. I understood it is futile to explain it longer
and therefore opted for 'script' solution ;)

Sincerely,
Gour

--

Gour  | Zagreb, Croatia  | GPG key: C6E7162D