Re: [Gnumed-devel] Portable GNUmed issue

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Portable GNUmed issue
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 17:10:08 +0200

> > > I think the GNUmed client makes a \.gnumed  folder in the HARDDRIVE
> with
> > > all
> > > the GNUmed config files in the  "current user" folder.
> >
> This sucks and I will try to remove that and rather make sure it will
> write to
> the stick. It should be possible. The stick is writeable so we should be
> able
> to make gnumed write in a directory on the stick maybe if we start it with
> a  special commandline argument ?
Well you could tweak the startup shell script to symlink the .gnumed to
someplace on the stick.

That is a good use for the local gnumed shell scripts at the user or system
level.

Sounds doable.

> > > thing I liked the most is it´s ability to NOT leave anything behind
> >
> Each program is responsible for that.
Weeell, not quite. An application can duefully expect to be allowed to leave
behind some
data in some places. Whether it should be runnable without that data being
there is another
question on which I tend to agree it should.

http://www.gmx.net/de/go/multimessenger