Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Packaging (Was: Naming convention)

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Packaging (Was: Naming convention)
Date: Tue, 08 Sep 2009 15:10:25 -0700

On 8-Sep-09, at 2:20 AM, Andreas Tille wrote:

                mime_type2file_extension.conf
                        (derived from
                        mime_type2file_extension.conf.example ?

Hmmm, do we actually really need this in Debian? Mimetype image/x-bmp
should work out of the box - probably I should drop this file from the
package.

Can it be renamed in the tarball to

        etc/gnumed/mime_type2file_extension.conf (no example)

and can the upstream source in cvs perhaps also lose the "example" and instead incorporate within the file comments like the following (which I am supposing may be correct but please advise otherwise)

# should not be needed on debian
# should normally (as with other .conf)  live in /etc/gnumed/
# if not in the user .gnumed folder