Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Packaging (Was: Naming convention)

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Packaging (Was: Naming convention)
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 00:20:28 +0200

On Tue, Sep 08, 2009 at 03:10:25PM -0700, Jim Busser wrote:

> Can it be renamed in the tarball to
>
>       etc/gnumed/mime_type2file_extension.conf (no example)

This would make it appear as if it ought to get installed
unconditionally.

> and can the upstream source in cvs perhaps also lose the "example"

I'd rather advise to keep the .example and put it into
/usr/share/doc/gnumed/

> # should not be needed on debian

it may or may not be needed on Debian, depending on
whether people use certain types of bitmaps generated on
Windows within the document archive

If they do they should have a way to find out how (eg. by
browsing /usr/share/doc/gnumed/).

> proposed comment in-file:
>
> # should normally (as with other .conf)  live in /etc/gnumed/
> # if not in the user .gnumed folder

It already says:

# This file can live in either or both of
#
# /etc/gnumed/
#       for system wide configuration
# ~/.gnumed/
#        for user specific configuration
#
# see also: http://wiki.gnumed.de/bin/view/Gnumed/ConfigFiles