Re: [Gnumed-devel] Interest in GNUmed

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Interest in GNUmed
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 22:59:30 +0200

On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 06:41:25PM -0200, Rogerio Luz Coelho wrote:

> Billing is very region specific is it not?

It is. But there usually is at least 2 types of billing:

1) healthcare system specific billing

        this is typically enormously complex

2) "normal" billing

        this can be helpful in those situations where services
        rendered can simply be billed as items like on any
        standard invoice

> Is it even remotely possible for a ONE SOLUTION FITS ALL ??

I don't think so. That's why we try to minimize GNUmed's
*direct* involvement (but intend to build a good interface
(to other billing software or to billing modules)).