[Gnumed-devel] FreeDiams freediams_0.4.2-1_amd64.changes ACCEPTED into D

From: Jim Busser
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] FreeDiams freediams_0.4.2-1_amd64.changes ACCEPTED into Debian
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 12:07:23 -0700

On 2010-07-14, at 8:42 AM, Eric MAEKER wrote:

> How do we proceed with the future release ?
>
> Eric

Code freeze for Debian 6.0 Squeeze expected in August

http://www.debian-news.net/2010/06/16/code-freeze-for-debian-6-0-squeeze-expected-in-august/

This, I think, means that if FreeDiams 0.4.2.x makes it into testing in time
(which it should have), 0.4.2.x will make it into Debian 6.0 Squeeze which will
become the next "Stable".

The next FreeDiams 0.4.3 will make it into the the next testing, which will not
make it into Squeeze.

I am not sure what % of users use stable for desktop machines, and what % use
testing.

My only immediate concern is that if any of the bugs that I identified were
serious (I think I identified at least one that was a clinical concern), that
bug fix *needs* to get into FD 0.4.2.x+1 (0.4.3?) because maybe it will be
harder to get it in after the freeze?

Ubuntu 10.10 (codename Maverick Meerkat) ‘Debian Import Freeze’ passed on 24
June.

http://www.linuxuser.co.uk/opinion/freezing-maverick-behind-the-scenes-on-ubuntu-10-10/

-- Jim